Let's practice English or French conversation here!

Here you can speak (in english) about game creation with RPG Maker or similar tools.
Blue
KoruTeam
KoruTeam

Message non lu par Blue » dim. oct. 04, 2009 5:46 pm

Giro Noden a écrit :Chinese is much complicated than French, Polish too, but i think French is really not easy to learn.
Chinese is complicated because your first language is French. If your first language was some Asian language you would say French is harder.

Well there probably isn't any easy-to-learn languages (apart from English). It's just that French is a latin-based language and since there are a lot of latin-based languages, it shouldn't make it too difficult to learn (compared with languages from other roots).
~~~~ Blue ~~~

Latix50
Koruldia apprentice

Message non lu par Latix50 » lun. oct. 05, 2009 5:50 pm

Wooooh Sorry.. i was doing other thing ^^",

So ^^' i read de latest post you wrote, Thank you :D (to tell me "Welcome" :D)

And yes i'm French ^^, I think like Blue The french isn't more difficult to learn than an other language it's just, who is born with a language like English Japanese or Chinese think the french is too difficult to learn... It's just we live all our life with the laguage we learn when we was baby. ^^

My brother knew german and french, when he was a kid and he doesn't practiced his german and he forgot this language... ^^' So i think If we learn two language as soon as possible, so we could learn many Language Easily ^^' ...

This is what i think ^^' ....

I don't know if you understand me ^^'... Hope you do! ^^
Dernière modification par Latix50 le lun. oct. 05, 2009 10:06 pm, modifié 7 fois.

Giro Noden
Koruldia Divinity

Message non lu par Giro Noden » lun. oct. 05, 2009 5:56 pm

And this is true, a scientist have prooved this.
But i think French is complicated, for the exceptions ( quatre-vingts for example.), and there are mistakes in ( Un sot juche sur un cheval tenant un sceau dans sa main, les deux "so" tomberent. How do you write "so" ? You can't because it is a mistake of the language.).
Giro

Latix50
Koruldia apprentice

Message non lu par Latix50 » lun. oct. 05, 2009 9:46 pm

The french is the language the more perfect than i know :/.

What's a "Sot juche"??

I'll say " "Alors" les deux tombèrent" :/
or "les deux "alors" tombèrent" it work too

so = alors, ainsi, tel, de cette manière.......

For me this is ok. ^^"

lol But i can make a mistake ^^ :D

Annnd Yes i played the last demo remix ^^ :D

startos
Koruldia Master

Message non lu par startos » lun. oct. 05, 2009 10:11 pm

Latix50 a écrit :The french is the language the more perfect than i know :/.

What's a "Sot juche"??

I'll say " "Alors" les deux tombèrent" :/
or "les deux "alors" tombèrent" it work too

so = alors, ainsi, tel, de cette manière.......

For me this is ok. ^^"

lol But i can make a mistake ^^ :D

Annnd Yes i played the last demo remix ^^ :D
You say "Alors les deux tombèrent" but it's easier to say "Alors les deux sont tombés",
the time you employ is not much used.

Latix50
Koruldia apprentice

Message non lu par Latix50 » lun. oct. 05, 2009 10:41 pm

Yes its true ^^' :D Your sentence is more use ^^

There so many manners to say the same thing in french xD ^^

startos
Koruldia Master

Message non lu par startos » lun. oct. 05, 2009 10:56 pm

It has time and conjugations that are used for writing, the spoken word is much less complicated

Latix50
Koruldia apprentice

Message non lu par Latix50 » mar. oct. 06, 2009 2:24 am

Yes ^^ You're right ^^

Giro Noden
Koruldia Divinity

Message non lu par Giro Noden » mar. oct. 06, 2009 6:09 pm

"Un sot juche" take the last "e" for a "e" with accent, because i have actually a English thing for type.

In theory, you can say the first thing i said in oral, but you can't write it.
So it is a mistake of language, you can explain the sentence by another way, but it still a mistake.

And it my teacher of french who said that to me, so i think it is true :) !
Giro

Blue
KoruTeam
KoruTeam

Message non lu par Blue » mar. oct. 06, 2009 6:48 pm

Well, basically you're trying to say that French is difficult because you don't spell it as you speak it.
But if you don't mind my opinion, I think that at least you can read it as you see it. Whereas in English it is nearly impossible to read it as you see it spelt.

Example: How do you read "though" and how do you read "thought" ? How do you read the verb "to read" and "I have read" ? They spell the same or nearly but they read in a very different manner ! Do you not think it's confusing ? At least in French you can read what you see and that is a pretty nice advantage. Now I know the spelling isn't easy but it's not like English spelling is easy either :)

(P.S.: "Though" is pronounced "tho" and "thought is pronounced "Thawt", "to read" is pronounced "to riiiid" and "I have read" is pronounced "I have rèd" for those who are wondering).

As for your "mistake in the language" I would say that it is indeed a problem with the French language. (That's why spanish is sooo much nicer :P)
~~~~ Blue ~~~

Latix50
Koruldia apprentice

Message non lu par Latix50 » mar. oct. 06, 2009 9:17 pm

For me the french is the more perfect and complete language(there is many word for say the same thing but always a little bit different. to be the more precise as you need to be). ^^

Blue has right. ^^

Some Language is easy to learn and easy to speak and write.

And some other hard to learn and speak (and write too.).

every language have them avantage. ^^

Josh
Koruldia Hunter

Message non lu par Josh » jeu. oct. 08, 2009 5:53 am

Blue a écrit :Well, basically you're trying to say that French is difficult because you don't spell it as you speak it.
But if you don't mind my opinion, I think that at least you can read it as you see it. Whereas in English it is nearly impossible to read it as you see it spelt.

Example: How do you read "though" and how do you read "thought" ? How do you read the verb "to read" and "I have read" ? They spell the same or nearly but they read in a very different manner ! Do you not think it's confusing ? At least in French you can read what you see and that is a pretty nice advantage. Now I know the spelling isn't easy but it's not like English spelling is easy either :)

(P.S.: "Though" is pronounced "tho" and "thought is pronounced "Thawt", "to read" is pronounced "to riiiid" and "I have read" is pronounced "I have rèd" for those who are wondering).

As for your "mistake in the language" I would say that it is indeed a problem with the French language. (That's why spanish is sooo much nicer :P)
Your too good at speaking/spelling english, Almost puts me to shame and thats my own language. ;)

Giro Noden
Koruldia Divinity

Message non lu par Giro Noden » jeu. oct. 08, 2009 11:39 am

Euh, Blue, it is a mistake of language, i didn't talk about the manner of reading a writting, it is just a Mistake.

But i think you are wrong, "une tiare" " patiament", how do you read the "ti" ?
It is different, isn't it ? Like the end of "differemment" and " mangent".
Or " Je fais " and " Je faisais ", the prononciation of the second one first "ai" is "e".

And there are a lot of other things like that.

Latix, you think French is the best language because it is your !
But i'm sure English or Japanese thinks theire languages are the best !
It is a question of point of view.
Giro

Decadis
Koruldia Warrior

Message non lu par Decadis » jeu. oct. 08, 2009 12:02 pm

Point of view, well... For my part, I still think of English and Japanese as the world greatest languages :) French is... Uh, difficult as it seems, because it is. Lot of very weird words, many different conjugations who prove to be really hard to know and remember even for those whose born language is French...

Still wonder how I may be able to speak English somewhat correctly when I can't even conjugate properly some French verbs...
Aaaah que le monde est petit...

Blue
KoruTeam
KoruTeam

Message non lu par Blue » jeu. oct. 08, 2009 5:29 pm

Giro Noden a écrit :Euh, Blue, it is a mistake of language, i didn't talk about the manner of reading a writting, it is just a Mistake.

But i think you are wrong, "une tiare" " patiament", how do you read the "ti" ?
It is different, isn't it ? Like the end of "differemment" and " mangent".
Or " Je fais " and " Je faisais ", the prononciation of the second one first "ai" is "e".
About "sot/sceau/seau"I said that I agreed with you. I do think it's confusing as well :). And do you mean "patiemment" ? Hum, I actually never thought about that, it's a good point. And also I do agree "faisait" is a problem :D
Alright then let's say French is not easy to learn :)

But Decadis, many other languages also have conjugations (and irregular ones as well) as far as I know... so French isn't the only one ;) And about Japanese I think the grammar is terrible, it's not nicer than the French one (I believe so). Although the pronounciation/reading is quite nice :D
But I guess English is still the language with the nicest grammar :D

Josh > Not sure what you're talking about but it's funny you said that because I just had a discussion a few minutes ago with some friends about english language. One of the guys was from the north of England and he was going "We don't even speak English in Newcastle ! We speak a Normand dialect, that's why we have a strange accent ! So when we go abroad no one understands us and no one believes we are actually English !"
LOL apparently instead of saying "a table" they say something funny that sounds like "skewer" or something (I don't remember).

Decadis > I think the funniest part is when someone asks you "So, how do you say this in French ?" and then you realise you don't know how to say it... I think the most surprising question I got was "How do you say "cheap" in French ?" .... What would you answer (without looking in the dictionary) ?
~~~~ Blue ~~~

Giro Noden
Koruldia Divinity

Message non lu par Giro Noden » jeu. oct. 08, 2009 6:04 pm

Oh sorry, big mistake with "patiemment".

Thank you for agree ^^ !

And i agree with Blue, Japanese is really difficult language.
For example : 150 different meaning for "Sho".

French is hard, but i think it have a nice prunonciation.
And because it is my own language, i like it...
You always have something to learn in french, there are a lot of words.
And i agree with Latix, slightely differents meanings.
Giro

Decadis
Koruldia Warrior

Message non lu par Decadis » jeu. oct. 08, 2009 6:32 pm

Yeah, Blue, I was talking about French 'cause that was the subject but I do know many other languages have conjugations... Like Italian. Oh gawd, I positively hate Italian T_T
And for English and Japanese, I wasn't talking 'bout the grammar, I said that because they're (in my point of view) the most beautiful languages you can hear. I like how it sounds to my ears, see? :3

For the "how do you said that in French" is one of my worst problem with the two languages. I can understand easily a text in English... As long as no one ask me what some words mean. Most of the time I got it perfectly in my head 'cause it goes with the phrases or watever, but find a way to translate it in French is rarely easy...

"Cheap?" I'd say "Pas cher" or "de basse qualité", according to what is it you're talking about...

Giro, you would say "Thank you for agreeing"
Aaaah que le monde est petit...

Vengeur
Koruldia Warrior

Message non lu par Vengeur » jeu. oct. 08, 2009 6:32 pm

Every language has its difficulties...
To me, the main problem with english is that the way you spell the word doesn't give any idea about how to pronounce it... I know it's the same for some french words ("femme" ...) but actually not so many (because the pronunciation of "emment" as "ament" is a rule, not a irregularity).
For french and spanish people, there's also the stressing difficulty. These two languages are really "monotonous" : in a sentence, only the last word is stressed. In an english sentence, a lot of words are stressed, while some aren't clearly pronounced. There's also a rythm idea, which exists in english but not in french...

It's quite easy to learn written english (easy to spell, easy grammar...), but much less to learn spoken english...
"To me — absurdity is the only reality. " Frank Zappa

Latix50
Koruldia apprentice

Message non lu par Latix50 » jeu. oct. 08, 2009 10:06 pm

I did not say the french is the "best" language, i'd just say the french is the more complete and perfect (for say something precise)

I think the english and japanese is beautiful to hear ^^

When you know the word in japanese, this language is really easy to learn ^^ it's just to word for know the meaning ^^ and when you know that its easy ^^.

Josh
Koruldia Hunter

Message non lu par Josh » jeu. oct. 08, 2009 10:24 pm

Blue, that is true, some people from england dont necessarily speak english, but im from the U.S. and that is my main language. Kind of like Canada speaks english and french.