Hi, this is Gemma

Here you can speak (in english) about game creation with RPG Maker or similar tools.
Nilo Studo
Koruldia apprentice

Hi, this is Gemma

Message non lu par Nilo Studo » mer. janv. 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Since I don't think there is a topic where everyone introduces themselves...

Hello everyone. The name's Gemma. In some places I go by the title of 'Nilo Studo', but I prefer to have people use my actual name.

I've been following the progress of Koruldia for at least five years, though I haven't really known much of what's happened. My ability to read French has become very rusty - I really admire all those natively French here who can write English better than I can write in your language! XD;

That being said, I would love to help bring more English speaking people's attentions to the Koruldia project, just as I would like to bring my own Pokemon fan project to a multi-language audience in the future. Koruldia has been really inspiring to me, and is an amazing piece of work in its own right.

irie
KoruTeam
KoruTeam

Message non lu par irie » mer. janv. 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Hi Gemma!!

Welcome here :)
Thank you a lot for registering here!
We are operating a lot of changes here at the moment: a brand new website for the game, with this forum included, new sections, a better design and an easier browsing system.
We plan to have the site fully translated into English too, but of course, all the previous things I listed before have to be done first :mecontent:
So please bear with the actual system for now! I promise there will be more for English speaking visitors soon :)

gui-le-mome
Koruldia Warrior

Message non lu par gui-le-mome » mer. janv. 20, 2010 7:40 pm

welcome gemma :happy:
L'amour engendre la tristesse , l'amitié engendre la haine , la vie engendre la mort.

Darxenas
Koruldia Divinity

Message non lu par Darxenas » mer. janv. 20, 2010 7:47 pm

WELCOME TO THE KORU-HUB !!! :clin:

KaYsEr
KoruTeam
KoruTeam

Message non lu par KaYsEr » mer. janv. 20, 2010 8:25 pm

Hey Gemma ;)
Welcome to the KoruHub forum...
I would love to help bring more English speaking people's attentions to the KoRuLdiA project
I'm really grateful !

As Irié said, we are adding more “possibility” here, first we do this in French, but also in English later (for the most important at least) and you'll be happy to learn that we're adding a full part dedicated to the "Game Making" (indy games). So it’s possible to speak about a project etc... I’ll also make my news in English sometime for the most interesting.

In time, I'll add more sections here on the English part, so people can show their projects or speak about some problems, but for the moment you can use the general area ;)

Thanks for your interest about Koruldia, yes there is so little information in english about the game, but I'm going to fix it as soon as I can !^__^!

To be concise, I'll show you the game as it looks now on the new game engine:
***CLICK HERE FOR A SIMPLE SCREENSHOT***
Of course a video of this area would be better, so here it is: VIDEO DIVx. (a little walkthrough)
You can also watch another one about the fight system in 3D, this is just a beta-test, but enough for an overview: 3Dvideo-test. (Sometime “in-game” the camera switches in 3D to zoom in and show important stuffs with more details)
There is also some other visuals you can see on the French News even without reading text: 1 - 2 - 3...

Well, I’m giving some Korulz to welcome you, this is the forum money you can earn by posting messages, and it’s possible to buy some stuff for your avatar with it in the shop.

Nilo Studo
Koruldia apprentice

Message non lu par Nilo Studo » mer. janv. 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Thanks to everyone for the friendly welcome! The nicest I've had on a forum for a while.
Also thank you for a recap of the game's progress ^-^

Dentelle127
Koruldia Master

Message non lu par Dentelle127 » mer. janv. 20, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi Gemma, welcome ;):) (sorry for the delay... really busy those last days though ^^")

Thanks for supporting us, it's really appreciated by English people like you ;). :D!
The language barrier is quite problematical sometimes I recon :( - but saying that, no worries, all of us here can speak and understand almost well english :) [this language is generally compulsory to learn at school in France ;)]

Also, you actually make a Pokemon game if I understand correctly? That's really cool! Using different languages is effectively interesting to get a large audience, that's the must. ;)

I'll give you some Korulz too, like Kayser ;)
Have a nice and studious stay ^^!

KaYsEr
KoruTeam
KoruTeam

Message non lu par KaYsEr » mer. janv. 20, 2010 11:20 pm

You're welcome ;)

And you can tell us about your project(s) here if you want (many here can read english, but too shy to try to speak :p)... By the way I already visited your website.
:dent:

Nilo Studo
Koruldia apprentice

Message non lu par Nilo Studo » mer. janv. 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Dentelle127 a écrit :Also, you actually make a Pokemon game if I understand correctly?
No, I write Pokemon fan fiction :happy:

"Pokemon Rebirth" is something I have worked on for eight years, and it is still going strong! However, I am now trying to draw comic stories instead of written ones because these would be easier to translate and share with people that speak other languages.

I am looking for people who might be able to give time to translate the comics into other languages in future.

To summarize, Rebirth is an expanded, 'deeper' version of the official Pokemon anime. I write as if the stories were to be made canon, so yes, I take my work very seriously XD

I am also working on a original full length animated movie and draw concept art for a Kirby fan game. There are other projects, but they are still in the planning stage.

Thanks for visiting my website, KaYsEr!

Josh
Koruldia Hunter

Message non lu par Josh » jeu. janv. 21, 2010 9:32 pm

Im a little late on this but Welcome!
Ha, horrible horrible.

If you need any help with anything just let me know, I don't really know french either, so don't feel bad. The forum is friendly enough though where they help when needed.

Dentelle127
Koruldia Master

Message non lu par Dentelle127 » ven. janv. 22, 2010 11:21 pm

Nilo Studo a écrit :No, I write Pokemon fan fiction :happy:

"Pokemon Rebirth" is something I have worked on for eight years, and it is still going strong! However, I am now trying to draw comic stories instead of written ones because these would be easier to translate and share with people that speak other languages.

I am looking for people who might be able to give time to translate the comics into other languages in future.

To summarize, Rebirth is an expanded, 'deeper' version of the official Pokemon anime. I write as if the stories were to be made canon, so yes, I take my work very seriously XD
Wow! That's an impressive project, eight years ago too :( ! (almost like Koru...)

I visited your website too, really interesting! ;)
Is there a (professional) link between the movie you're currently working on and your fan-fiction activity?

You have a great team in any cases! (and a lot of voice actors too ^^!)
Anyway, concerning the music, do you have your own musician? I didn't see on your website :P
Josh a écrit :Ha, horrible horrible.
lol! :P

Nilo Studo
Koruldia apprentice

Message non lu par Nilo Studo » ven. janv. 22, 2010 11:32 pm

Dentelle127 a écrit :Is there a (professional) link between the movie you're currently working on and your fan-fiction activity?
All my works are being made independently (hopefully I interpreted your question right) - it's challenging in the workmanship and financing areas, but it does give you more freedom to put what you want into the project =)
Anyway, concerning the music, do you have your own musician? I didn't see on your website :P
For "Outcast Hero", someone has offered to score the movie soundtrack. It will be a while until I get to that stage, though...hopefully the offer will still be open by the time I reach post production.

Oh yes, your dedication (and that of the rest of the team) to Koruldia has been very inspiring!

Dentelle127
Koruldia Master

Message non lu par Dentelle127 » sam. janv. 23, 2010 9:52 pm

Nilo Studo a écrit :(hopefully I interpreted your question right)
I'm sorry if it's about my defective english ^^" ...
a écrit :All my works are being made independently - it's challenging in the workmanship and financing areas, but it does give you more freedom to put what you want into the project =)
I perfectly agree with this too :)
This is nice to create different things, especially if you have ways to make them (or almost) ;) thanks for the answer. ^^
For "Outcast Hero", someone has offered to score the movie soundtrack. It will be a while until I get to that stage, though...hopefully the offer will still be open by the time I reach post production.
That's nice so, hope your complete project will work well then ;)
a écrit :Oh yes, your dedication (and that of the rest of the team) to KoRuLdiA has been very inspiring!
It's really appreciated from you, and thanks again about that ;)
I take part to Koruldia only one year ago, the KoruTeam has evolved a lot since the beginning. (2002 I guess). We have a new concept now, and really want to make a complete and incredible game! ;)