ViDemo Teaser !

The latest news about Koruldia Heritage's development, and general topics about the game.
Blue
KoruTeam
KoruTeam

ViDemo Teaser !

Message non lu par Blue » lun. juin 13, 2011 9:11 pm

NEWS : [ 13 June 2011 ] ViDemo Teaser !

This is a stepping stone in the development of Koruldia!
For the first time, parts of the game under VX were captured with quality close to the real conditions.
In spite of the capture done in a window which deactivates the buffer mode, the quality of the images is great even on this 30fps video (instead of an ideal 60fps under RM VX).

To download a DIVx HD-720p version of the video (about 80 Mo) : >> CLICK HERE <<
An alternative Youtube streaming version : >> CLICK HERE <<

(The Youtube video is also 720p, but the encoding quality isn’t as good as the divx)

Here, some snapsohot from the video file :

For the very first time, a map with a vanishing point can be seen. The sprite used is in the normal size for now so that there is a little pixelization, but it will be adapted into a "zoomed in" clean version later on.
Other people will also be added to the maps and we should be able to interact and talk with them. Same with some more Korumons because at this point of the development the korumons available are too powerful to appear on casual maps.
~~~~ Blue ~~~

Blue
KoruTeam
KoruTeam

Message non lu par Blue » mar. oct. 18, 2011 3:18 am

Intermediate Update (14 aout 2011)

While preparing an article on the making of the videmo, this update will give you a taster of next piece of news. At the end of the video you will be put in you a situation in which you need to solve a riddle (as in the image down there:)

Please note that this is just a short preview, so the camera isn't supposed to be at an optimal angle and the resolution could be better (although this one is already fairly good).

Basically if you own a fire-rock type of korumon, and if you manage to use a particular type of attack on the orange rock, this triggers a chain reaction (through the eyes of the statue) and generates a kind of key that falls at the bottom. (I'll explain this in fuuuurther detail in the next article).

The video will show you the making of the statue :) which can also be used as light source in certain areas of the map... the plant zone is a zone that contains everything, it is the most central one and often incorporates elements from other zones. The elements are generally adapted and blend into the plant zone, e.g. they are covered with moss and grass
So yeah, the video shows the making, the mapping and details of the vegetation and the lighting.

You will also be able to see how dialog boxes appear in the game. In this case it will actually be thoughts rather than a conversation, which are often used to give in-game indications and suggestions to the player. This will also give you the opportunity to see the rotations of the camera by moving around the orange rock before focusing :) Enjoy!
~~~~ Blue ~~~

Ddken
Koruldia Hunter

Message non lu par Ddken » dim. oct. 23, 2011 9:24 pm

All i can say is: really amazing!
I think this will be really great!
Je suis celui qui marquera toute une génération!

Blue
KoruTeam
KoruTeam

Message non lu par Blue » lun. oct. 24, 2011 2:12 am

Ddken > I know, I can't wait for the release myself :dent: !!!

Draft for the video with the Making of Koruldia

>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-19eVgU2GLE&hd=1

This is not the final video (as you may guess from the title) but just a sort of draft, the music is borrowed from the famous Hans Zimmer (we don't want to spoil our original music on drafts just yet so Kayser thought it would be nice to put the music he listens to when he works on koruldia :happy: )
This infected tree was made last year in Hong Kong, there is also an orange tree with infected fruits from which we can collect fruits and boost our stats :) but this will be explained in more details later.

~~~~ Blue ~~~